Friday, May 1, 2009

Homemade for Mom: LEATHER CUFF BRACELETS


Perhaps your mom is a bit of a bohemian, or maybe you have a cool friend you'd like to wish a Happy Mom's Day to. This leather cuff could not be easier to make, yet it's stylish and tres hip. I used scraps of leftover leather that I found at my local craft store, and turned out a baker's dozen in about an hour. Simply poke a small hole on one side of a strip of leather, thread a long piece of leather cord through, tie a knot, then wrap the bracelet around your wrist. To secure, simply tuck the end of the cord in under itself.

Rock on!

7 comments:

Momma Bear said...

i love it, thx!

Anonymous said...

where can I buy a professional kit to make leather cuff bracelets?

SUZANNE BROWN said...

Anonymous,

Yikes...I unfortunately don’t know. I bought the leather scraps at Michael’s Crafts...a big bag is fairly inexpensive + you can make a ton of bracelets (not literally : ) from one bag.

Hope that helps,
S

Mijiza Nine said...

I love this, exactly what I was googling for. Can you tell me how you tie the end? I'm a bit confused.

SUZANNE BROWN said...

Mijiza Nine. Take that long piece of cord, wrap it around the cuff (your wrist) a few times, then tuck it under itself to secure the cuff. (so you are basically tucking it under one of the wrap-arounds). Hope that's clear! -S.

philo said...

thanks suzanne! these make great gifts for some young friends this christmas!

SUZANNE BROWN said...

Philo...

You're very welcome.

Merry + Happy,
S